[net.micro] C64/128 terminal programs

SECRIST%OAK.SAINET.MFENET@lll-mfe.arpa (01/13/86)

Date:    Mon, 13-JAN-1986 07:27 EST
To:      Info-Micro@BRL.Arpa

>       From:   Arpa%"howell%unc.uucp@BRL.ARPA" 11-JAN-1986 13:04
>       To:     SECRIST
>       Subj:   Terminal emulation software for Commodore 128 needed
>
>       From: William Howell <howell%unc.uucp@BRL.ARPA>
>       Subject: Terminal emulation software for Commodore 128 needed
>       Date: 7 Jan 86 22:18:11 GMT
>

>       Does anyone have public domain software for terminal emulation
>       on a Commodore 128 *or* know of a commercial product for doing
>       the same??  Please send responses by mail to "ahc@unc".  Thanks.

If it's okay to use the 128 in C64 mode, several reasonable PD terminal
packages are available in the CompuServe C64 SIGs.  Unfortunately, they usually
don't include sources, so unless you have access to CompuServe or we trade
disks, there isn't much I can do.  One in particular does VT52, responds to the
inquiry string (ESC-Z), and can do software 80 column (although you need a
monitor to read it well).

Richard

P.S.> Implementations of KERMIT and XMODEM for the 64 can also be found there.