[comp.protocols.ibm] INTERLINK 3722 and BTI mod1 box

SMITH@GECRDVM1.BITNET (Don Smith) (10/06/90)

 I have not been able to get a conclusive answer to this question..
 Are these two boxes the same ?? I would like to have just one spare
 BTI to backup both my 3722 Decnet world and my BTI TCP world..
  I have received mixed stories , some say no problem, the model 1 BTI
 is a 3722.. Interlink has not 'fooled' with the inside...
 Has anyone tested/can verify what the real story is ???
 Is there a better list to ask this question over ???
 Thanks,
 Don Smith GE/CCS (SMITH at GECRDVM1.CRD.GE.COM)

RAF@NIHCU.BITNET (Roger Fajman) (10/08/90)

We have an Interlink 3722 that is really a BTI ELC2.

walt@ntrlink.hq.interlink.com (Walter Johnson) (10/10/90)

In article <9010052315.AA24914@lilac.berkeley.edu> Don Smith <SMITH%GECRDVM1.BITNET@lilac.berkeley.edu> writes:

> I have not been able to get a conclusive answer to this question..
> Are these two boxes the same ??

Maybe.  The 3722 used to be a BTI mod1 box. It is currently a BTI mod2 box.
I don't know just when the change occurred, but it was fairly recent.
--
Walt Johnson                    Business Development
walt@interlink.com              Interlink Computer Sciences

walt@ntrlink.UUCP (Walter Johnson) (10/10/90)