[comp.protocols.ibm] AX.25

GRECO@ANDESCOL.BITNET (Carlos Ardila) (01/26/91)

Hi,
Does any body knows what AX.25 means. Is it compatible with X.25.?
It was chosen by the main airline of my country as its standard for
networking.

Thanks for your help.

CARLOS ARDILA (GRECO@ANDESCOL)

skcm@echo.canberra.edu.au (Carl Makin) (01/27/91)

In <9101261306.AA23702@lilac.berkeley.edu> GRECO@ANDESCOL.BITNET (Carlos Ardila) writes:

>Does any body knows what AX.25 means. Is it compatible with X.25.?

AX.25 is the Amateur Radio Implementation of X.25. (At least I don't know of
any other protocols called that)  It's designed for Half-duplex radio links
but will also work well over full duplex links.

>It was chosen by the main airline of my country as its standard for
>networking.

Really!  That's surprising.  Exactly what are they using it for?

Carl

skcm@echo.UUCP (Carl Makin) (01/27/91)