[comp.protocols.ibm] SDLC State tables

gmadaus@factotum.sw.stratus.com (George Madaus) (02/03/91)

From what I can tell, IBM information on SDLC is limited to a
manual called "Concepts/General Information". While this is an
informative document, the material is not presented al la FAP
(i.e. state tables etc.) also certain sections of the protocol
are subject to interpretation (broadcast UI etc.). Is there an
IBM document that I'm missing ? I already have the 2.1 FAP.

More currious than desparate,
Thanks,
GAM

gmadaus@sw.stratus.com

****
Standard disclaimer .....
I speak for myself, not Stratus or any one else (thank god !!)

hank@bitnic.BITNET (02/03/91)

From what I can tell, IBM information on SDLC is limited to a

lstowell@pyrnova.pyramid.com (Lon Stowell) (02/05/91)

In article <4097@lectroid.sw.stratus.com> gmadaus@factotum.sw.stratus.com (George Madaus) writes:
>From what I can tell, IBM information on SDLC is limited to a
>manual called "Concepts/General Information". While this is an
>informative document, the material is not presented al la FAP
>(i.e. state tables etc.) also certain sections of the protocol
>are subject to interpretation (broadcast UI etc.). Is there an
>IBM document that I'm missing ? I already have the 2.1 FAP.

   One CERTAINLY would not want to design an SDLC product from
   the General Info manual.  In IBM's defense, this single
   manual must cover the various types of SDLC from loop mode
   all the way up to full duplex (PUT-4/Put-4).

   To design a particular SDLC product (as opposed to a
   concept--which is what the Gen/Info manual presents) look in
   the Component or Product Description manuals for the specific
   IBM product you intend to emulate.

lstowell@pyramid.UUCP (Lon Stowell) (02/05/91)