[comp.protocols.ibm] AS/400 discussion list/group sought

HUFF@UKANVAX.BITNET ("Steve Huff, U. of Kansas, Lawrence") (03/24/91)

Does anybody know if a list, on ANY network, exists for discussion
of the AS/400 and related issues?  If not, what's the most relevant
list besides this one?

Anybody interested in starting an AS/400 list?

Thanks.

Steve Huff
HUFF@ukanvax.bitnet     HUFF@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

ARNOLD@JOINER.BITNET ("Stephen L. Arnold") (03/24/91)

> Does anybody know if a list, on ANY network, exists for discussion
> of the AS/400 and related issues?  If not, what's the most relevant
> list besides this one?
>
> Anybody interested in starting an AS/400 list?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Steve Huff
> HUFF@ukanvax.bitnet     HUFF@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

OK, here we go!  I've set up a list, info-as400@joiner.com, for
discussing AS/400 and related issues.  I'm sending this note only to
you, to test the list.

Please send a note to info-as400-request@joiner.com (that's me) to
"request to be added to the list".  I'll add you then, and send you a
confirmation.

If you can, repeat the above process from an account with only an
Internet address (not BITNET).

When you get both confirmations, send a test message to the list.  I'm
the only other person on the list right now.

When your test posting is received at both accounts, send a confirmation
to me (arnold@joiner.com).  If you have any verbage you'd like to see in
the list announcement, send that along at the same time.  When we're
both happy with the way things work, I'll send a new list announcement
to NEW-LIST and IBM-NETS.

On more thing:  I pick the list names (info-as400 and
info-as400-request) to conform to the Internet style.  If you have a
name you like better, let's discuss it.

Info-as400 is implemented as a PMDF distribution list.  All list
changes will be manual.  There are no public archives yet, but I'll
keep private archive in case a demand develops and I figure out how to
do it.  BITNET users will not be able to subscribe by interactive
commands.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Steve

ARNOLD@JOINER.BITNET ("Stephen L. Arnold") (03/24/91)

Sorry to trouble the list with what I meant to be private mail to Steve
Huff.  If Steve is willing to help test this list setup, we'll be back
to the rest of you with a list announcement when it's ready.

If anyone else has suggestions on the charter and name of the AS/400
list, please send them directly to me, and not to the list.  Thank you!

Steve Arnold, Joiner

mauro@simm.sublink.org (Mauro Mozzarelli) (03/27/91)

in article <9103231628.AA28426@lilac.berkeley.edu>, HUFF@UKANVAX.BITNET ("Steve Huff, U. of Kansas, Lawrence") says:
> Anybody interested in starting an AS/400 list?

        AS/400 ?
       No Thanks !

          :-)

--
//////////////  | Sistemi Informativi Mauro Mozzarelli | MU-BBS 24h!
// S.I.M.M. //  | INTERNET: mauro@simm.sublink.org     | Milano, Italy

horne@sapphire.idbsu.edu (cs354- Broward Horne) (03/27/91)

In article <9103231628.AA28426@lilac.berkeley.edu> BITNIC IBM-NETS List <IBM-NETS%BITNIC.BITNET@lilac.berkeley.edu> writes:

>Anybody interested in starting an AS/400 list?

        Seriously interested! I start working with one next week.

        I think I'm going to need some help setting up TCP/IP on it,
        plus running IBM's MAPICTS package.

--
Broward Horne                        No cute message today,
horne@sapphire.idbsu.edu             I have my hands full for once.