[soc.men] Women and short men

tristan@reed.UUCP (Tristan T Jenkins) (01/05/88)

In article <1344@csib.csi.UUCP> lgold@csi.UUCP (Lynn Gold) writes:
>Excuse me, but re-read the part about *MY* HEIGHT.  At the time I was in
>school, I wasn't even THAT tall.  Do you know what a guy would have to
>look like to be shorter than ME????!?
>                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>                [deleted for brevity]
>
>--Lynn

	Well, I wouldn't have mentioned this, but you did correct someone
else's spelling (re: skeleton), so I feel obligated to do this.  You aren't the
only one to perpetrate this, so please, all other offenders, take notice.

	The correct way to say (or write ;^) it is:

                      ... shorter than I [am].
 	NOT:
        ~~~~
                      ... shorter than me [is?].

    	It isn't much of a complaint compared to Reagan, my main source of
amusement being suppressed (EM: "Help, help, I'm being oppressed!"- okay, so
it is attributed to Monty Python and not everyone's favorite A[lack of]I
program, and a few other things I could name.  However, seeing this repeated so
often irks me.  Thank you for your support.

                             -Fred Q Pizza

      Arthur:       "Do you want to step Outside?!?"
      Thunder God:  "YEAH!!!!"
      Arthur:       "Good, he's gone, now let's get out of here."

	Meta-corrections welcome.

This opinion is correct, and therefore not that of my employers %^]