[soc.men] Counterfeit Smiths

ldm@homxc.UUCP (the wharf rat) (01/14/88)

In article <2823@killer.UUCP>, era@killer.UUCP (Mark E. Smith) writes:
> Somebody apparently managed to get my password on killer, and I've
> changed it now, so it probably won't happen again.

	Well, how do we know *this* is the 'real' MES ??  Must be hard to
keep passwords secret when you've got a split personality...  Know what ?
I think your puttin' us on, Mark.  Stolen passwords, indeed.  I liked it
better when you were campaiging for uni-sex pronouns; this is just plain silly.

						W.rat

ps- This article is a forgery, and every
word in it is a lie.

gazit@ganelon.usc.edu (Salit) (01/14/88)

In article <2810@homxc.UUCP> ldm@homxc.UUCP (the wharf rat) writes:
>In article <2823@killer.UUCP>, era@killer.UUCP (Mark E. Smith) writes:
>> Somebody apparently managed to get my password on killer, and I've
>> changed it now, so it probably won't happen again.
>>

>I think your puttin' us on, Mark.  Stolen passwords, indeed.

Mr. W.rat may be right or wrong, I don't know.

However stealing password is not a hard task, especially for someone that broke
several layers of protection in killer.  (remember new@killer?)

I'm not sure, so I say maybe.  I suggest that Mr. W.rat stick to the same
habit.

Hillel Gazit         gazit%ganelon.usc.edu@oberon.usc.edu

johnm@auscso.UUCP (John B. Meaders) (01/15/88)

In article <2810@homxc.UUCP> ldm@homxc.UUCP (the wharf rat) writes:
>In article <2823@killer.UUCP>, era@killer.UUCP (Mark E. Smith) writes:
>> Somebody apparently managed to get my password on killer, and I've
>> changed it now, so it probably won't happen again.
>>

>I think your puttin' us on, Mark.  Stolen passwords, indeed.  I liked it

I think "Mark" is an extremely paranoid person.  I have to admit that 'it'
amuses me with its constant whining about this or that.  My question is
why does it constantly bait people and then cry foul when somebody fights
back?  Go crawl back into the cave you crawled out of Mark (or whatever your
name is).
--
John B. Meaders, Jr.  1114 Camino La Costa #3083, Austin, TX  78752
ATT:  Voice:  +1 (512) 451-5038  Data:  +1 (512) 371-0550