[soc.men] Fascists

mikep@ism780c.UUCP (Michael A. Petonic) (01/13/88)

In article <3O31@killer.UUCP> era@killer.UUCP (Mark Ethan Smith) writes:
>In article <8801071134.AA05730@garnet.berkeley.edu> weemba@garnet.berkeley.edu (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) writes:
>>[Someone else wrote...]
>>>You have to know federal law to understand the illegality of
>>>Judge Kennedy's act.
>>
>>Which you clearly don't, meaning the conversation here should come to a halt
>>pretty quickly, but alas, no such luck.
>
>Stick to your mathematics, Wiener.  When you've spent as much time as I
>have in court, then and only then would you be qualified to make your
>fascist pronouncements.
 ^^^^^^^

I love it.  It seems that that whenever someone can't adequately
deal with something, they label their foe a "fascist."

MES, can you come up with anything tht links Wiener's arguments
to fascism?

It's not just MES, but a lot of people (mostly liberals) who will
label anything they don't agree with as being fascist.  I guess
anyone who isn't an anarchist could be labeled as a fascist.

Whenever someone calls someone a fascist, I usually get a
pathetic picture in my mind of some flag waving, greasy
haired guy on a street corner who pesters everyone
who comes by to listen to his problems.  And anyone who
doesn't stop is a fascist.

-MikeP

mpr@mibte.UUCP (Mark Reina) (01/15/88)

In article <8566@ism780c.UUCP>, mikep@ism780c.UUCP writes:
> In article <3O31@killer.UUCP> era@killer.UUCP (Mark Ethan Smith) writes:
> >In article <8801071134.AA05730@garnet.berkeley.edu> weemba@garnet.berkeley.edu (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) writes:
> >>[Someone else wrote...]
> >>
> >>Which you clearly don't, meaning the conversation here should come to a halt
> >>pretty quickly, but alas, no such luck.
> >
> >Stick to your mathematics, Wiener.  When you've spent as much time as I
> >have in court, then and only then would you be qualified to make your
> >fascist pronouncements.
>  ^^^^^^^
> I love it.  It seems that that whenever someone can't adequately
> deal with something, they label their foe a "fascist."

Actually whenever anyone disagrees with me I am quite sure that the
level of flourine in the water has something to do with it.  I mean
if anyone really thought about "it" they would agree with me.

					 Mark Reina