[comp.hypercube] Any more hyp. users out there?!

murray@vs2.scri.fsu.edu (John Murray) (07/27/90)

In article <2240@vela.acs.oakland.edu> arhegde@vela.acs.oakland.edu (anupama hegde) writes:

> I have looked up this newsgroup several times with the hope of finding
>something interesting but it appears even hypercube cronies seem to prefer
>comp.parallel or some other similar(parallel!) group where you have to sift
>through piles of other stuff to find something on hypercubes - if at all.

Although this group "exists" on your machine (and ours), it doesn't
"officially" exist: i.e. it's not in the list of Usenet newsgroups
that is posted periodically to news.lists. If this was a legitimate
newsgroup at one time, I suspect the very narrow focus caused it to be
replaced by the broader-scoped comp.parallel.

>--
>Anupama Hegde               _____ We are lucky when a person with
>EE Dept,Oakland University  |~+~|  nothing to say chooses not to make
>Rochester,MI                 \ /    a wordy exhibition of the fact

John R. Murray          | "They call me Mr. Know-it-all, I am so eloquent.
murray@vs2.scri.fsu.edu |  Perfection is my middle name!

xxrich@alliant1 (Rich Rinehart) (08/01/90)

In article <2240@vela.acs.oakland.edu> arhegde@vela.acs.oakland.edu (anupama hegde) writes:

> I have looked up this newsgroup several times with the hope of finding
>something interesting but it appears even hypercube cronies seem to prefer
>[stuff deleted]

I too have been watching this group.  We're due to get 2 8 node iPSC/2's in
a month or two.  Is anybody out there?? ?

-rich

Rich Rinehart                  |     phone: 216-433-5211
NASA Lewis Research Center     |     email: xxrich@alliant1.lerc.nasa.gov

rsb@ccvr1.ncsu.edu (R. Scott Bartlett) (08/02/90)

yes, we've got a 16+1 (i/o w/ VME) node iPSC/2 cube.

Well, to keep this on the subject...

I've gotten my hands on VM_pRAY, and i've gotten it to generate an
output file, but i have no clue as to what or how to display it.  What
format is it?  Does anyone have any utilities to conver it it to say
sunraster, GIF, IFF, iris, etc...?

thanks a lot!!

						rsb
--
R Scott Bartlett					holder o' many accounts
rsb@[ccvr1|eceugs|...].ncsu.edu		Remember:  "Everything counts, in