[comp.binaries.ibm.pc] binary posting

bleckmd@jacobs.cs.orst.edu (david bleckmann) (02/03/88)

In article <313@tsc.DEC.COM> pete@tsc.DEC.COM (Pete Schmitt) writes:
>In article <2691@slovax.UUCP>, steve@slovax.UUCP (Steve Cook) writes:
>> > 	PICNIX all seven parts, but they all failed to uudecode
>> > 	( end mark was missing on some of them and ...... )
>>
>> 	I would like to know also... my part three seems to be missing
>> 	some lines at the end.
>
>All the parts are supposed to be appended together then uudecoded.  Make
>sure there is no non-encoded lines between the appended parts.
>

>--
I saved a posting that had all the split up parts of the uuencoded
file shared before they were posted.  I found that this worked very well
for all I had to do was trim off the mailer info and de-shar them.  These
would produce files like:
uuen1
uuen2
...etc.

which could then be uudecoded using a pipe command such as
cat uuen1 uuen2 ... | uudecode

I even saw a shell script that would do this for you (everything after
unsharing them) and then checked the integrity of the files.

This made downloading of the file *SO* much pleasant, couldn't we all
try to do something similar?  If possible could someone post a program
that does something like this?

Dave.

David Bleckmann
UUCP: {tektronix,hp-pcd}!orstcs!jacobs.cs.orst.edu!bleckmd
Internet/CSNet: bleckmd@jacobs.cs.orst.edu