[comp.binaries.ibm.pc] NOISE in binaries.ibm.pc

paf@unixprt.UUCP (Paul Fronberg) (03/18/88)

I think the present state of this group is a strong argument for moderation.
Of the last 20 messages posted in this group, I counted:

	2  - contained binaries.
	1  - contained a `bug report'
	5  - contained complaints about the noise level
	11 - contained noise articles better left in comp.sources.d

At 10%, the need for moderation seems extreme.

PS Sorry about contributing to the problem, but hopefully another complaint
   will help...

rickc@pogo.TEK.COM (Rick Clements) (03/21/88)

In article <302@unixprt.UUCP> paf@unixprt.UUCP (Paul Fronberg) writes:
>[..]
>At 10%, the need for moderation seems extreme.

Most of the noise is discussion about should we have a moderator.  I would
like to just drop the discussion about a moderator, so most of the noise
will go away.

>PS Sorry about contributing to the problem, but hopefully another complaint
>   will help...

me too.