From: bbb7889@acf5.NYU.EDU (Ben Bederson)
Date: 2-Apr-88 11:00 EST
Subject: Re: Hercules graphics in QuickC
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc

/* acf5:comp.sys.ibm.pc / nelson_p@apollo.uucp /  2:26 pm  Mar 31, 1988 */

>Can anyone tell me how to do Hercules compatable graphics from
>Quickc?  Any pointers to references would be helpful too.
>The stock quickc graphics settings don't seem to work on my
>monochrome hardware.

I had the same problem, so I wrote my own.  I didn't even begin
to make my routines compatible with Microsoft's for other devices.
Everything is written in C, and very hardward dependent.  That is,
it directly access the graphics controller register to set graphics
mode.  But it works.  I've tried it on an SF Micro 1800, Leading Edge,
and Five Star.

Routines include dot, lines, and some fancy shape drawing routines
that I use for animation.  I directly access the screen memory for
speed.  No Dos or BIOS calls.  And, it's all written in Quick C.

Send me some mail if you're interested in it.

Ben Bederson@nyu.acf5
New York University