[comp.binaries.ibm.pc] MicroSpell, MicroScribe

dml@rabbit1.UUCP (David Langdon) (04/14/88)

Sometime either earlier this year or late last year I seem to remember
reading a posting saying that versions of MicroSpell and MicroScribe
would be posted in the near future to the net. Does anyone know anything
about this? Have I missed them? Any information (including "They will be
coming in x months") would be appreciated.

Thanx .. Dave Langdon

--
David Langdon    Rabbit Software Corp.
(215) 647-0440   7 Great Valley Parkway East  Malvern PA 19355

...!ihnp4!{cbmvax,cuuxb}!hutch!dml        ...!psuvax1!burdvax!hutch!dml

ksj7i@dale.acc.Virginia.EDU (Kenneth S. Johnson) (04/15/88)

I've been waiting for the release of MicroScribe for some months now.  When
I first received MicroEMACS, its author, Daniel Lawrence, said that Micro
SCRIBE was under development and would be completed sometime in
September.  In September, that date was moved to December.  In December,
it became January, and in January it became March...are you getting the
idea?  As badly as I need this product, it's beginning to look as though
it will never be released...it's following a pattern that we've seen all
too often.

For those who would like to contact Mr. Lawrence, perhaps to urge him to
complete the project (!), he can be reached at The Programmer's Room
FIDO.  The number is (317) 742-5533.
K. Scott Johnson
(ksj7i@virginia.edu)
Ma Bell: (804) 973-2452 / (804) 978-4939 / (804) 977-1867
SnailMail: P.O. Box 2422 / Charlottesville, VA  22902

nwd@j.cc.purdue.edu (Daniel Lawrence) (04/15/88)

In article <451@rabbit1.UUCP> dml@rabbit1.UUCP (David Langdon) writes:
>Sometime either earlier this year or late last year I seem to remember
>reading a posting saying that versions of MicroSpell and MicroScribe
>would be posted in the near future to the net. Does anyone know anything
>about this? Have I missed them? Any information (including "They will be
>coming in x months") would be appreciated.
>
>Thanx .. Dave Langdon

	MicroSPELL is already available (version 1.0). MicroSCRIBE is
not yet ready for release.  MicroSPELL version 1.1, the BETA release of
MicroSCRIBE and MicroEMACS version 3.10 will all be released together,
probably near the end of the summer.

			Daniel Lawrence		(317) 742-5153
			UUCP:	{ihnp4!pur-ee!}j.cc.purdue.edu!nwd
			ARPA:	nwd@j.cc.purdue.edu
			FIDO:	1:201/2 The Programmer's Room (317) 742-5533