[comp.binaries.ibm.pc] Antagonizing Daniel Lawrence

ksj7i@dale.acc.Virginia.EDU (Kenneth S. Johnson) (04/19/88)

In article <424@apr.UUCP> las@apr.UUCP (Larry Shurr) writes:
>>...  As badly as I need this product, it's beginning to look as though
>>it will never be released...it's following a pattern that we've seen all
>>too often.
>
>I too would like to see MicroSCRIBE, but I don't think it will pay to
>antagonize Daniel Lawrence, a major contributor to our "net" assets
>and all for free.

I'd like to make it clear that I never intended to "antagonize" or otherwise
attack Daniel Lawrence, who is obviously a very talented programmer and
has been quite generous in the distribution of his work.  My intent was simply
to warn those like myself who might have been counting on MicroSCIBE's timely
release.  Delays happen, projects are abandoned...this is the way of the
software world.  It is not a disgrace if a programmer no longer has the
time to apply himself fully to a project, nor is it antagonism to
speculate that this is what has happened.

Mr. Lawrence, if you are reading this, I apologize for any offense you
may have taken to my previous message.  I look forward to MicroSCRIBE's
eventual release, and my previous offers of help still stand.

K. Scott Johnson
(ksj7i@virginia.edu)
Ma Bell: (804) 973-2452 / (804) 978-4939 / (804) 977-1867
SnailMail: P.O. Box 2422 / Charlottesville, VA  22902