[net.micro] Microsoft Word vs. Word Perfect

leeke@cascade.UUCP (01/31/86)

In article <3655@utah-cs.UUCP> halff@utah-cs.UUCP (Henry M. Halff) writes:
>In article <19@fritz.UUCP>, zemon@fritz.UUCP (Art Zemon) writes:
>>
>> Finally, now that I've flamed all over Microsoft, I want to
>> emphasize that I consider Word 2.0 to be the best word
>> processing program on the market.  ...
>> ...  If you have not personally used Word, go try it.
>
>I've tried Word and WordPerfect.  The latter is much faster, easier to use, and
>better suited to typical MS-DOS configurations.  And...it ain't copy protected.
>On the other hand, if you're working with a MacIntosh...
>--
>Henry M. Halff                                       Halff Resources, Inc.
>halff@utah-cs.ARPA                 4918 33rd Road, N., Arlington, VA 22207

And...I have a copy of Word Perfect 4.0 (4.1 is the latest and you can
upgrade to 4.1 from 4.0 for $45.00) that is in perfect condition that I
am not using since I have stopped using my Compaq Portable, and would
like to sell.  It retails for $495.00, mail orders for about $230.00.  I
will sell this one for $150.00 (or best offer) and if you buy it I will
send a letter to Sattelite Software to transfer the registration of
ownership to you.  Any takers???

Steve Leeke
Leeke@su-sierra.arpa (among other places)