[comp.binaries.ibm.pc] Re^2: PK

leif@ambush.UUCP (Leif Andrew Rump) (05/05/88)

In article <1178@dlvax2.datlog.co.uk> jgh@datlog.co.uk ( James Henderson ) writes:
>I saved the two parts and did the necessary 'PKXARCing' but unfortunately
>whilst unSquashing the PTC.EXE part, PKXARC reported a CRC error;
>however, the PTC.DOC and PTOC.DOC files seem ok.

>I repeated the exercise a number of times but obtained the same result.
>Perhaps my site received a file with some garbage in it?

There's an error in PK(X)ARC v3.5 and you can't get around it unless
you change the file you are compressing. I can't remember exactly what
byte combination that trigger the failure but I'll know in a couple of
days if anybody is interrested(?) (what about PKWARE? are you/they
going to make a PKX36A36.EXE?)

   Leif Andrew Rump, Ambrasoft A/S, Roejelskaer 15, DK-2840 Holte (Denmark)
       UUCP: leif@ambush.dk, phone: +45 2424 111, ABC BBS: +456800544

              "It tasted almost but not entirely unlike tea"
                    - The Hitch hicker's Guide to the Galaxy