[net.news.group] net.micro.occ

jalbers@bnl.UUCP (Jon Albers) (01/23/84)

Here's one of five responses (score yes:4, no:1):  Send replies to
above path.                                Jon

From uucp Sun Jan 22 00:39:49 1984
>From philabs!seismo!harpo!decvax!ittvax!dcdwest!sdcsvax!sdchema!lbv Sun Jan 22 00:35:54 1984 remote from sbcs
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 84 12:46:10 pst
From: seismo!decvax!ittvax!dcdwest!sdcsvax!sdchema!lbv
Subject: Re: new newsgroup: net.micro.occ
Posted-Date: Fri, 20 Jan 84 12:46:10 pst
To: sdcsvax!dcdwest!ittvax!decvax!harpo!seismo!philabs!sbcs!bnl!jalbers

Chalk one affirmative vote for net.micro.occ from out here in San
Diego.  I have just received my Model 1 back from the factory (yes
they do still live!) after waiting 7 months for them to repair it.
It was sent up for dual density/80 column upgrade, returned non-functional,
sent back again for warranty repairs, caught in the Chapter 11 filing
followed quickly by a similar one for my local dealer, and finally
just returned again last week.  Considering the "down time", I have
reverted back to a "new user" again--starting over from scratch, but
quite willing to learn.  Out here we have a very active and growing
Osoborne Users Group (just held a meeting last night), and it looks
like we will be going strong for quite a while yet---including
acting as a "sales agent" for new-from-factory hardware and software.
Please mail to me indication that the new newsgroup has begun; I
do not subscribe to the net.news.group discussion (although I guess
I should).

				Gordon Schlesinger
				Dept. of Chemistry
				Univ. of Calif. at San Diego