[comp.software-eng] Tektronix CASE tools

marks@ssdevo.dec.com (Randy Marks DTN 522-2718) (12/19/87)

My software engineering group is considering the purchase of Tektronix
CASE tools.  I would like to hear from people who have had experience
using these software engineering tools.  None of us have working
experience with CASE tools, so it is difficult to know what questions
to ask of the sales engineers.  We need a system that runs on DEC hardware
and VMS, and the Tek tools meet that need.

I would be interested to hear about positive and negative aspects of their
CASE tools.  How responsive is Tek to requests for bug fixes and enhancements?

	Randy Marks

polack@aero.ARPA (Alexander J. Polack) (12/29/87)

In article <8712181806.AA00908@decwrl.dec.com> marks@ssdevo.dec.com (Randy Marks DTN 522-2718) writes:
>My software engineering group is considering the purchase of Tektronix
>CASE tools.  I would like to hear from people who have had experience
>using these software engineering tools.  None of us have working
>experience with CASE tools, so it is difficult to know what questions
>to ask of the sales engineers.  We need a system that runs on DEC hardware
>and VMS, and the Tek tools meet that need.
>
>I would be interested to hear about positive and negative aspects of their
>CASE tools.  How responsive is Tek to requests for bug fixes and enhancements?
>
>	Randy Marks

	There are a number of other CASE tools that meet your requirements.
These are: Teamwork from Cadre, Software Through Pictures from IDE, Exelerator
from Index, Statemate from i-Logix, just to name a few.
	I have done an extensive evaluation of the products, including
TekCASE, the methodologies they support (not all of them are the same),
and the quality of the technical support provided by the companies.

	If you are interested in details, write to me, or call at:

	Alexander J. Polack
	1907 Camino De La Costa
	Redondo Beach, CA 90277
	(213)373-5723