[comp.software-eng] looking for unix based CASE tools

bd@hp-sde.SDE.HP.COM (Bob Desinger) (09/04/88)

DC Becker (dcb@arrow.UUCP) writes:
> Am looking for any pointers to products now or soon to be available
> in the way of CASE tools, running under unix.

Ask your librarian to do a literature search for you.  If you ask for
anything with the keyword "CASE" or the phrase "Computer Aided
Software Engineering" in it, and limit the search to 1988 or 1987,
you will come up with literally hundreds of references.

To narrow the search, limit it down to 1988, or to articles mentioning
only specific companies (such as HP or Hewlett-Packard, to use your
example), or to specific products (such as Teamwork).  Or you can
limit the type of source material to product announcements if you want
the broad overview, or technical papers if you want the philosophy
behind the products.  You may want to request just the titles of the
articles, then ask your librarian to pull the full text on only the
ones that look interesting.

Happy hunting!  My librarian just finished one for me.
-- bd