[comp.software-eng] PDL Processor Wanted

marc@qtc.UUCP (Marc Frommer) (10/11/88)

I have been using Programming Design Languages (ie, pseudo-code) for the last
few years during the design phase and am interested if anyone knows of any
automated processors.  I would like the processor to take care of indenting on
printouts, compiling cross-reference lists of modules, hierarchical charts of
modules, etc. Any information regarding packages that execute on either UNIX
or VMS would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Marc Frommer
--
  Marc Frommer
  Quantitative Technology Corporation    ...seismo!vrdxhq!verdix!qtc!marc

rar@nascom.UUCP (Alan Ramacher) (10/11/88)

In article <392@qtc.UUCP>, marc@qtc.UUCP (Marc Frommer) writes:

> I have been using Programming Design Languages (ie, pseudo-code) for the last
> few years during the design phase and am interested if anyone knows of any
> automated processors.  I would like the processor to take care of indenting on
> printouts, compiling cross-reference lists of modules, hierarchical charts of
> modules, etc. Any information regarding packages that execute on either UNIX
> or VMS would be appreciated.

Caine, Farber, Gordon, 1010 East Union St, Pasadena, CA 91106, (818) 449-3070,
have a product (PDL) that appears to fit your needs. I have used it several
years ago and found it usefull. Their literature would indicate that
the the product has continued to improve. Hope this helps.

Allan Ramacher

martin@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU (Johnny Martin) (10/12/88)

In article <392@qtc.UUCP> marc@qtc.UUCP (Marc Frommer) writes:

>I have been using Programming Design Languages (ie, pseudo-code) for the last
>few years during the design phase and am interested if anyone knows of any
>automated processors.  I would like the processor to take care of indenting on
>printouts, compiling cross-reference lists of modules, hierarchical charts of
>modules, etc. Any information regarding packages that execute on either UNIX
>or VMS would be appreciated.

Xinotech Research of Minneapolis sells a language independent structure
editor which supports multiple views of program/documentation/pseudo-code.
It is called the "Composer", and it supports a variety of programming and
a few specification languages (Ada, Cobol, Pascal, Modula-2, MSG, etc.)

The composer is loaded with nifty editing features, automatic indentation,
summary views, customized indentation schemes, full syntax checking, and
provides some fancy conversions (like Pascal --> Ada).  The composer also
runs on IBM-PC (and compatibles), Sun's, Apollo's, VAXes (VMS and Unix),
and some other machines which I can't remember.

If you're interrested, their address is,

        Xinotech Research, Inc.
        Technology Center, Suite 213
        1313 Fifth Street SE
        Minneapolis, MN  55414
        (612) 379 - 3844

--
Johnny Martin, Dept. of Computer Science, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
martin@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu