[comp.software-eng] comp.sw.components & mail difficulties

billwolf@hubcap.clemson.edu (William Thomas Wolfe,2847,) (02/20/89)

From article <14771@cup.portal.com>, by PLS@cup.portal.com (Paul L Schauble):
> Sorry to bother the net with this, but the clemson mailer doesn't recognize
> billwolf.
>
> Bill, please add me to the mailing list.

   OK, many people have had this problem, so let me explain.  vn
   followups don't work on wtwolfe@hubcap.clemson.edu, so I use vn on
   billwolf@hazel.cs.clemson.edu.  Unfortunately, hazel's vn erroneously
   takes my hazel user-id (billwolf) and glues it onto hubcap.clemson.edu,
   for a completely invalid address.  To overcome this, I usually list
   wtwolfe@hubcap.clemson.edu in the Reply-To: portion of the header,
   and I *always* give the correct mailing address in my signature.

   Another mail problem has arisen with the comp.sw.components mailing
   list, in that the To: portion of the header enumerates all 80+ members
   of the mailing list.  Thanks to a suggestion from Jacob Gore, this
   situation is now in the process of being corrected.

   If you have tried to submit an article to the comp.sw.components
   mailing list and been unsuccessful, please keep in mind that only
   wtwolfe@hubcap.clemson.edu will work.  The best plan is to set up:

      alias comp.sw.components wtwolfe@hubcap.clemson.edu

   in your .mailrc, to avoid any further problems.

   (Paul, I'm adding you to the list; you'll get a welcome message as soon
    as the mail system administrator and I get some things worked out...)

   Sorry for the delays; I hope to have everything fixed by Friday.

   Bill Wolfe, wtwolfe@hubcap.clemson.edu
   comp.sw.components Mailing List administrator