[comp.software-eng] SE conf

goss@ese.essex.ac.uk (Gossain Sanjiv) (06/01/89)

Does anyone out there have any details on
the next International Conference on Software
Engineering, to be held in France, in 1990?
i.e. deadlines, paper-length, address for
submission (that would be useful!).

Thanks

Sanjiv Gossain

Sanjiv Gossain          | goss%ese.essex.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
Dept. of ESE            | Tel: +44 206 873333 Ext. 2820
University Of Essex
Colchester CO4 3SQ

weiner@novavax.UUCP (Bob Weiner) (06/06/89)

In article <1035@servax0.essex.ac.uk> goss@ese.essex.ac.uk (Gossain Sanjiv) writes:

   Does anyone out there have any details on the next International
   Conference on Software Engineering, to be held in France, in 1990?
   i.e. deadlines, paper-length, address for submission (that would be
   useful!).

Paper deadline = July 14, 1989.
Paper length < 6000 words, full page figure counts as 300 words

Submission addresses:

Peter Freeman
ICSE-12 Program
ICS Dept.
U. of California, Irvine,
CA 92717  USA

Marie-Claude Gaudel
ICSE-12 Program
AFCET
156 Bd. Pereire
75017  Paris, France
--
Bob Weiner, Motorola, Inc.,   USENET:  ...!gatech!uflorida!novavax!weiner
(407) 738-2087

holder@druhi.ATT.COM (Mike Holder) (06/06/89)

In article <1035@servax0.essex.ac.uk>, goss@ese.essex.ac.uk (Gossain Sanjiv) writes:
> Does anyone out there have any details on
> the next International Conference on Software
> Engineering, to be held in France, in 1990?
> i.e. deadlines, paper-length, address for
> submission (that would be useful!).
>
> Thanks
>
> Sanjiv Gossain

The following is extracted from the Call for Papers that appears in the
Proceedings from the 11th ICSE (from May 15-18, 1989):

Call for Papers:

12th International Conference on Software Engineering

Building a Foundation for the Future

Nice, France  March 26-30, 1990

In the second 20 years of its existence, it is important that the field
of software engineering increasingly plan for the long term.  Moreover,
there is a growing necessity to evaluate the impact on Software
Engineering of the major developments in computer science:
(parallelism, formal methods, distributed processing, non Von Neuman
architectures, automated reasoning techniques) and its most compelling
applications (massive networks, life-critical systems, economy-critical
systems, computationally dependent research).

The 12th ICSE will focus on efforts in different aspects of Software
Engineering that are essential for building a solid foundation and for
anticipating the future: Basic Research, Advanced Developments,
Experiences of Technology Transfers and Analyses of Empirical Results.
Contributrions that describe results, not just proposals, are solicited
in any content areas of Software Engineering, including but not limited
to, quantitative methods, testing and verification, languages and
representations, requirements analysis and specification, process
analysis and modeling, project management, human factors, environments,
methodologies, and applications of Artificial Intelligence to Software
Engineering.

ICSE 12 will make a conscious effort to balance the program so that it
will appeal to a broad segment of the field and serve as a bridge
between theory and practice.  In this milieu it is hoped that
researchers will better understand the needs of practitioners, that
practitioners will better understand current and possible future
research results, and that those concerned with technology transfer can
better understand both.

In each of the 4 broad categories, priority will be given to
submissions that discuss topics which can be expected to be important
for at least the next 5 to 10 years.  In all areas, priority will be
given to submissions that report results.  The conference program will
consist of contributed papers, invited lectures, panels, and short
reports on practical experience.  All parts of the program will be
reviewed by the program committee for relevance and quality, making it
essential that papers, panel proposals, and reports be submitted in
writing before _July 14, 1989_.

SUBMISSIONS:  Eight (8) copies in English of papers, panel proposals,
or experience reports should be submitted to either (but not both)
program co-chairs by _July 14, 1989_ at one of the addresses below:

	Peter Freeman				Marie-Claude Gaudel
	ICSE-12 Program				ICSE-12 Program
	ICS Department				AFCET
	University of California 		156 Bd. Pereire
	Irvine, CA 92717  USA			75017 Paris, France

Papers should be limited to 6000 words, full-page figures being counted
as 300 words.  Each paper must include a short abstract, a list of
keywords, and the lead author's address.

Panel Proposals should include title, proposed chair, tentative
panelists (including a short vita), a 2 or 3 paragraph description of
the subject, format of the presentation, and rationale for the panel.

Experience Reports are intended to provide exposure of practical
experience in some aspect of software engineering (e.g. using a tool or
method, applying a metric, following a project management discipline,
reusing Software Engineering workproducts, etc.).  As with all other
submissions, the primary test applied by the Committee will be the
relevance of the results to future work.  The contributor(s) should
submit a 3-5 pages written description of the experience and a one-page
outline for a 5-minutes presentation.

TOOLS FAIR:  A Software Tools Fair will be held in parallel with the
conference.  The Tools Fair will allow conference attendees to see and
learn about current software tools.  Bothe experimental and commercial
tools will be demonstrated.  Those interested in exhibiting a tool, and
especially those authors interested in presenting a paper describing a
particular tool and demonstrating that tool, should contact the Tools
Fair Chair:

		Michel Mouyssinat
		Greco de Programmation-CNRS, Universite de Bordeaux 1
		351 Cours de la Liberation, 33405 Talence cedex, France

Further Information:  For further information and/or copy of the
advance program when available, write either to ICSE12, AFCET 156 Bd.
Pereire, 75017 Paris, France, or to ICSE-12, IEEE Computer Society,
1730 Massachusetts Ave., NW, Washington, DC, 20036 USA.

IMPORTANT DATES:  Submission deadline: July 14, 1989, Acceptance
notification:  October 16, 1989, Final Versions due: December 18,
1989.

[There are names and addresses of various program chairs that I won't
include other than the phone numbers and email addresses of the
above-mentioned people:]

	Peter Freeman			Marie-Claude Gaudel
	tel: (714) 856-7403		tel: 33 (1) 69 41 69 09
	email: freeman@ics.uci.edu	email: meteor@lri.lri.fr

	Michel Mouyssinat
	tel: (33) 56 84 60 90
	email: mm@geocub.greco-prog.fr