[comp.software-eng] Workshop on CASE?

xwu@pollux.usc.edu (Xinhua Wu) (06/16/89)

I just read that there was CASE 87 - the 1st International Workshop on CASE,
May 1987 - and CASE 88 was supposed to be in July 1988.  Two questions:
1) Is there CASE 89?  When and where?  2) Where can one get copies of
the proceedings?

------
Xinhua Wu
xwu@cse.usc.edu

duncan@dduck.ctt.bellcore.com (Scott Duncan) (06/16/89)

In article <17877@usc.edu> xwu@pollux.usc.edu () writes:
>I just read that there was CASE 87 - the 1st International Workshop on CASE,
>May 1987 - and CASE 88 was supposed to be in July 1988.

CASE '88 was in July of last year (Cambridge, MA).

>1) Is there CASE 89?  When and where?

Yes...July 17-21 at Imperial College in London.

>                                       2) Where can one get copies of
>the proceedings?

They will probably be available from the IEEE Computer Society (one of the
Workshop sponsors) after the Workshop.  Participants will return home with
them since they are handed out when you register -- at least they were at
CASE '88.  Most of the Porceedings are position papers rather than any kind
of research reports, technology summaries, etc.  I tend to get very little
out of them except for pointers to people of interest to contact later.  My
feeling is that, as with most conferences/workshops but perhaps moreso with
this one, it is the informal, on-the-spot discussions that make the most
difference.

Speaking only for myself, of course, I am...
Scott P. Duncan (duncan@ctt.bellcore.com OR ...!bellcore!ctt!duncan)
                (Bellcore, 444 Hoes Lane  RRC 1H-210, Piscataway, NJ  08854)
                (201-699-3910 (w)   201-463-3683 (h))