[comp.software-eng] C PDL AND MCCABES COMPLEXITY MEASURES

pat@grebyn.com (Pat Bahn) (08/01/89)

    Hi  I need a hand.   Does anybody know of any good PDL's for
C?  I'm looking for a notation that will support developement of
non-trivial lines of code and allow verification of the interfaces
for completeness and cohesion.  The PDL would be well complemented by
some quality measures.  I am also looking for some software that will
complexity evaluations (i.e McCabes cyclomatic complexity metric).

  If anyone knows please e-mail and I will summarize.

pat@grebyn.com (Pat Bahn) (08/01/89)

Uh If anyone knows of public domain versions of these it would be even
better.  I can spend money on software Or i can buy a Sun, Guess which
choice I want to make. :-)

leisner@arisia.Xerox.COM (Marty Leisner) (08/08/89)

In article <12243@grebyn.com> pat@grebyn.UUCP (Pat Bahn) writes:
>Uh If anyone knows of public domain versions of these it would be even
>better.  I can spend money on software Or i can buy a Sun, Guess which
>choice I want to make. :-)

Brian Renaud (bdr@huron.ann-arbor.mi.us) and Rick Cobb (indetech!rec) have done an excellent package to generate  McCabe, Halstead and kdsi information on C code.

The Rights file says:
Unless otherwise noted, the following statement applies to the software
distributed in the metrics package.

The C metrics package has been written by Brian Renaud and Richard E. Cobb,
is in the public domain, and may be used by any person or organization, in
any way and for any purpose.

I haven't seen it posted anyway (I found out about from the a note in an ACM publication).

If anyone wants a copy of it, I suppose you could contact me or contact the authors.

The package is about 150kbytes.

marty leisner
leisner.henr@xerox.com