[comp.software-eng] Rapid Prototyping Tools

pat@grebyn.com (Pat Bahn) (08/10/89)

  I am doing a survey on rapid prototyping tools for C or ADA.  Who out
there has experience in this subject?  Has anyone seen any good public
domain implementations?  I think this  is worth discussing within
the group rather then accepting e-mail on this subject.  If you have
questions please e-mail me so we can keep the followups more to the
point.  Thanks for your time
Pat
Newsgroups: comp.software-eng
Newsgroups: comp.software-eng
Subject: Rapid Prototyping Tools

Pat @ grebyn.com  | If the human mind was simple enough to understand,
301-948-8142      | We'd be too simple to understand it.

rad@aragorn.cm.deakin.OZ (Robert Alan Dew) (08/11/89)

At Deakin University a current project involves the rapid prototyping
of real-time systems.  With respect to the work completed a limited system
can be designed, built and executed.

Briefly:
 - a graphical hierarchical network of processes, Mealy machines and
   environmental terminators can be created.  Completed.
 - the network can be input to a compiler to produce Smalltalk-80
   code.  Partially completed.
 - the prototyped system can then be executed by running the Smalltalk-80
   code.  Partially completed.

BTW, I would like:
 - anyone to discuss their experience,
 - a company contact address,