[comp.software-eng] Looking for bug tracking system

jbash@dustbin.cisco.com (John Bashinski) (08/09/89)

I'm looking for a commercial software bug-tracking system. I'm interested
in hearing about any package, but we'd prefer software that will run on a
Sun. Ideal software would be available on a lot of platforms, and support
distributed access to the bug database. Please e-mail responses; if there
are any interesting ones, I'll summarize to the net.

steves@tekchips.LABS.TEK.COM (Steve Shellans) (08/12/89)

In article <11893@hercules.csl.sri.com> jbash@cisco.com (John Bashinski) writes:
>I'm looking for a commercial software bug-tracking system. I'm interested

We found one about a month ago that looks very strong.  It is extremely
configurable.  We have four in-house groups that have installed an
evaluation copy of the software.  One of those evaluations is complete
at this time, and the extensive functionality described in the manual
is real.  If you want to *extinsively* reconfigure the system, it is
time consuming.  Simple things, such as adding a field to a template,
is a straightforward matter.  And if you are willing to accept their
default states and fields, you can be up and running in 1/2 hour.

>in hearing about any package, but we'd prefer software that will run on a
>Sun. Ideal software would be available on a lot of platforms, and support

Supported platforms are:

	Sun 3  and  Sun 4
	Vaxes running Unix(t) BSD4.3
	Ultrix-based machines

The company told me that they have successfully ported to other Unix
environments, such as System V.

>distributed access to the bug database. Please e-mail responses; if there

It is a distributed system.

If you want more information, the name of the product is DDTs (Distributed
Defect Tracking system), and it is available from:

		Qualtrack Corp  (my contact there is Mike Manley)
		3315 San Felipe Rd.
		San Jose, CA  95135

		408-274-8867

Steve Shellans