[comp.software-eng] Search for OORA refs

bmathews@csvax1.cs.tcd.ie (Brian Mathews, IGSG, F.32, xtn. 1531) (10/15/89)

I've exhausted all local search paths, and I've tried comp.object, but I've
got nowhere. Perhaps somebody in comp.software.eng can help ?

I have incomplete references to two papers which I am interested in reading -

"Crib Sheet for Object-Oriented Requirements Analysis" - Pete Coad

"Software Requirements Definition Using Objects" - Smith and Tockey.

The titles may not be exact, but the authors are correct. Can anybody supply
me with full references ? Or, indeed, pointers to any other papers dealing with
Object-Oriented Requirements Analysis (OORA) ?

						Thanks,
							Brian.

E-Mail : bmathews@tcdcs.uucp        | "Sometimes the formulation of the problem
S-Mail : c/o Dept. of Comp. Sci.,   |  is more important than the solution,
	 Trinity College, Dublin 2, |  which is merely a matter of mathematics"
	 Ireland.                   |  ......            A. Einstein.

brown@mrsvr.UUCP (Russ Brown) (10/17/89)

From article <54260@csvax1.cs.tcd.ie>, by bmathews@csvax1.cs.tcd.ie (Brian Mathews, IGSG, F.32, xtn. 1531):
> me with full references ? Or, indeed, pointers to any other papers dealing with
> Object-Oriented Requirements Analysis (OORA) ?

See if you can get ahold of Peter Coad's new book, "OOA - Object Oriented
Analysis", or the notes from his tutorial, by the same name, from this year's
OOPSLA conference.  Some of the references he uses are:

Ladden, Richard, "A Survey of issues to be considered in the Development of
an Object-Oriented Development Methodology for Ada," Ada Letters, March/April
1989

"Entity Life Histroies," learmonth Burchett Management Systems, Houston and
London, 1987.

Seidewitz, Ed and Stark, Mike, "Towards a General Object-Oriented Software
Development Methodology," Ada Letters, Volume 7, Number 4.

	I did my thesis work in this area too, and found that virtually
	no one is doing object oriented requirements analysis.  If you are
	just looking for analysis methods to use with OOD, there a lots of
	papers out there, most of which recommend some existing, functional
	analysis technique as a front end. You might even want to contact
	someone like Ed seidewitz directly: e-mail him at
	eseidewitz%gsfcmail@ames.arpa or call him at (301)286-7631.

aro@aber-cs.UUCP (Andrew Ormsby) (10/20/89)

In article <1242@mrsvr.UUCP> brown@mrsvr.UUCP (Russ Brown) writes:
>From article <54260@csvax1.cs.tcd.ie>, by bmathews@csvax1.cs.tcd.ie (Brian Mathews, IGSG, F.32, xtn. 1531):
>> me with full references ? Or, indeed, pointers to any other papers dealing with
>> Object-Oriented Requirements Analysis (OORA) ?

You might also have a look at:

Sally Shlaer and Stephen J Mellor,
"An Object-0riented Approach to Domain Analysis",
ACM Software Engineering Notes Vol. 14 No. 5, p66-77,
July 1989