[net.news.group] Proposed Jewish Newsgroup

pellegri@ittral.UUCP (Dan Pellegrino) (02/07/84)

  I think having net.religion.Judaism is a good idea.  I will be envious if the
newsgroup remains true to its original stated purpose without being severely
diluted by flames.  I wish that a newsgroup of this sort existed for Christian-
ity.  Net.religion is not the type of forum I thought it was when I subscribed
and I rarely care to read it anymore.  No one can convince me to become a non-
Christian and I am not interested in hearing any discussion on the subject.  I
do not wish to remove net.religion for those who need or wish to have discus-
sions on that or other subjects.  I do wish that a forum existed for serious
Christians, and anyone else that is interested, to discuss pertinent topics and
to fellowship with one another, with criticism of Christianity in general kept
outside in net.religion where it can be avoided if that is one's desire.  This
is very similar to the net.religion.Judaism proposal.  Although I am not Jewish,
I understand the need for that newsgroup and I support the proposal.  I would
also like to know if there is any interest in the kind of Christian newsgroup
that I have mentioned here.

                                                      Dan Pellegrino

                                                      ittvax!ittral!pellegri

gam@proper.UUCP (Gordon Moffett) (02/14/84)

> From: pellegri@ittral.UUCP (Dan Pellegrino)

>  I think having net.religion.Judaism is a good idea.  I will be envious if the
> newsgroup remains true to its original stated purpose without being severely
> diluted by flames.  I wish that a newsgroup of this sort existed for Christian-
> ity....

Well, I am opposed to net.religion.{jewish,judaism,christian,...}

I see the same proliferation problem (and for the same reasons so well
stated by Rich Rosen (pyuxn!rlr)) in net.music -- need for legitmacy,
a look-down-your-nose attitude, and the inevitable
net.religion.jewish.orthodox or net.religion.christian.
protestant.baptist.southern.reformed...
--
Gordon A. Moffett
	{ allegra, decvax!decwrl } !amd70!proper