[comp.software-eng] Where to find info on Draco

baxter@zola.ics.uci.edu (Ira Baxter) (07/09/90)

In <142@aplcomm.JHUAPL.EDU> dgg@aplcomm.JHUAPL.EDU (David Gawron) writes:

>In article <1990Jul8.011033.947@dhw68k.cts.com>
>stein@dhw68k.cts.com (Rick 'Transputer' Stein) writes:
>>
>>2) I thought the only way to build reuseable software was ala Draco, i.e.,
>>a constraint-based input specification.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is wrong, Draco does not accept "constraint-based input"s.
But, to answer:

>Where can I find info on Draco?

@phdthesis(Neighbors80a,
  author     = "James Milne Neighbors",
  title      = "{Software Construction Using Components}",
  school     = "University of California at Irvine",
  year       = 1980,
  note       = {Available as ICS Tech Report 160.},

@article(Neighbors84a,
  author     = "James Neighbors",
  title      = "{The Draco Approach to Constructing Software from Reusable Components}",
  journal    = "IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering",
  volume     = "SE-10",
  number     = 5,
  pages      = "-",
  month      = sep,
  year       = 1984,

@incollection(Neighbors89a,
  author     = "James M. Neighbors",
  title      = "{Draco: A Method for Engineering Reusable Software Systems}",
  booktitle  = "{Software Reusability}",
  editor     = "Ted J. Biggerstaff and Alan J. Perlis",
  publisher  = "ACM Press",
  address    = "New York",
  pages      = "295-320",
  year       = 1989,
  note       = "ISBN 0-201-08017-6",

@article(Freeman87a:draco-analysis,
  author     = "Peter Freeman",
  title      = "{A Conceptual Analysis of the Draco Approach to Constructing Software Systems}",
  journal    = "IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering",
  volume     = "SE-13",
  number     = 7,
  month      = jul,
  year       = 1987,
  pages      = "830-844",
  annotation   = {Gives overview of Draco system.
Shows how Draco's various aspects fit into
Software Engineering. ``Our primary purpose here has been to lay bare
some of the connections between Draco and the principles of SE.''}
)

If, after all this, you are *still* interested, you can get a tape containing
Draco from UC Irvine (via me) in exchange for some administrative overhead
and a few dollars (to handle tape costs, etc); Draco runs under Sun OS
under a version of Franz Lisp.

--
Ira Baxter