[net.micro] MicroEmacs plea

SECRIST%OAK.SAINET.MFENET@LLL-MFE.arpa (04/14/86)

From:    <SECRIST%OAK.SAINET.MFENET@LLL-MFE.Arpa>   (Richard C. Secrist)
Date:    Mon, 14-APR-1986 06:00 EST
To:      INFO-MICRO@BRL-VGR.Arpa

Greetings.  I'd just like to assure some of the more unlucky people on the
net without FTP access that the MicroEmacs everyone is talking about is real,
and that it works quite well, and is in fact wonderful.  A nice person
bestowed the sources on me some time ago... not that I have the latest version (
reputedly v3.5), but at least I have a version.

If you'd like a copy of MicroEmacs via netmail because you can't get it
otherwise, I'll be happy to forward you a copy, abiet an older one.  A
partner in crime has hacked a search-and-replace, justify-and-fill-mode,
and an LK201 editing keypad (a la 220) into it as well.

Meanwhile, if Daniel Lawerence or somebody will forward me v3.5, I'll be
happy to re-distribute it to anyone who asks.  Otherwise, I'll try to get
the old one out.

If I get batches of addresses that don't want to cooperate from here, I
will post the sigh-list to this list every now and then so those parties
can attempt other arrangements with me.

Richard
SECRIST%OAK.SAInet.MFEnet@LLL-MFE.Arpa

lawrence@duncan.UUCP (04/17/86)

	MicroEMACS 3.5 has recently been posted in net.sources and should
be availible there currently. Version 3.6 will be posted to mod.sources in
the very near future and is even more interesting.

	You must forgive my newness to the net here, but I could not decode
your mailing address from your note. It appears to be on a different
network? Perhaps someone wold be as kind as to explain this.

						thanx
					Daniel Lawrence
					ihnp4!pur-ee!pur-phy!duncan!lawrence

kchen@uiucdcsp.CS.UIUC.EDU (04/18/86)

Hello, I have an IBM PC/XT, but I have no Lattice C compiler, so
I can't compile those MicroEMACS sources on the net. Could you
mail me a working copy of MicroEMACS.COM ? ( you may uudecode it )

Thanks a lot !

					Kuang-Chien Chen
					kchen@uiucdcsp

lawrence@duncan.UUCP (04/19/86)

	Sorry about my unfarmiliarity with the net, but I couldn't decode
your address. If you would like a binary for MicroEMACS 3.6, send a
self-addressed mailer to
					Daniel Lawrence
   					617 New York St
					Lafayette, IN 47901

	I can write  MSDOS 5 1/4 and amiga 3 inch disks.

hart@cp1.UUCP (Rod Hart) (04/23/86)

I too would like to have a copy of Microemacs in uuencoded format.
Thanks!

Signed by:
	  Rod Hart (WA3MEZ)
	  Minicomputer Technical Support District
	  Chesapeake & Potomac Tel. Co.
	  A Bell Atlantic Company
	  Silver Spring, Md.
UUCP:
  bellcore!cp1!hart - aplcen!cp1!hart - umcp-cs!cp1!hart - gamma!cp1!hart
INTERNET:
  umcp-cs!aplcen!cp1!hart@SEISMO.CSS.GOV