[comp.software-eng] A reference to lifecyle stage numbers

gintell@granite.cr.bull.com (John Gintell) (07/26/90)

I am looking for references to published works that have statistics or
graphs on how much time/effort is spent in the various stages of the
software development lifecycle: e.g.  design/coding/test etc.

I scanned through Boehm: Software Engineering Economics and didn't
find anything.

Can anyone give me some pointers?

				John W Gintell
				Corporate Software Technology
				Bull HN                   MS 932
				900 Middlesex Turnpike    Bldg 2
				Billerica, MA, 01821

				(508)-294-7225
				gintell@granite.cr.bull.com

mcgregor@hemlock.Atherton.COM (Scott McGregor) (07/28/90)

In article <1990Jul26.143250.25317@granite.cr.bull.com>,
gintell@granite.cr.bull.com (John Gintell) writes:
> I am looking for references to published works that have statistics or
> graphs on how much time/effort is spent in the various stages of the
> software development lifecycle: e.g.  design/coding/test etc.
>
> I scanned through Boehm: Software Engineering Economics and didn't
> find anything.
>
> Can anyone give me some pointers?

Try Grady and Caswell's book on Software Metrics (my copy unfortunately
tucked away at present).

Scott McGregor
mcgregor@atherton.com