[net.micro] VAX PD XLISP

SECRIST%OAK.SAINET.MFENET@LLL-MFE.arpa (04/23/86)

From:    <SECRIST%OAK.SAINET.MFENET@LLL-MFE.Arpa>   (Richard C. Secrist)
Date:    Sat, 19-APR-1986 10:15 EST
To:      INFO-MICRO@BRL-VGR.Arpa

>       From: Mike O'Donnell <mdo%ut-ngp.uucp@BRL.ARPA>
>       Subject: PD LISP for VAX Wanted
>       Date: 20 Mar 86 00:32:37 GMT
>
>       To:       info-micro@brl-vgr.arpa
>
>       Apologies in advance if I have posted this in some wrong news
>       group.
>
>       I am very interested in demonstrating AI to my peers here where
>       I work and what it might be able to do as for as what we are
>       attempting to do.
>
>       Therefore I would like a PD LISP to demo some examples, so if
>       any of ya'll have some decent version, I would like to use it.
>       We have some MicroVAX 2 units here in our office so something
>       running on that system or something portable (in C) would be
>       nice.
>
>       I don't mind doing some porting so even a PC version would do.
>
>       Thanks, Mike O'Donnell @ LCRA

David Betz's XLISP is written in portable C and is widely available from
a bunch of places.  We ran Version 1.4 of XLISP (Jan. 1985) as-is on our
VAX under VMS with no problems, compiling it with VAX C.  As a bonus, the
code will also run on other machines such as CP/M-80, PCs, etc. with not
much effort.  I run XLISP V1.2 under CP/M-80 on my Apple for example.

I also believe there is a PD version of Franz LISP out for the VAX.

Richard
SECRIST%OAK.SAInet.MFEnet@LLL-MFE.Arpa