[comp.software-eng] CASE for Mac ?

brandonl@gold.gvg.tek.com (Brandon Lovested) (09/11/90)

Are there any decent CASE tools available for the MAC, somewhere along
the lines of Saber-C, and Software Through Pictures?

BRANDON G. LOVESTED        ::::=:::==::===:====   FOR EVERY VISION,
Software Design Engineer   ::::=:::==::===:====   THERE IS AN
Grass Valley Group         ::::=:::==::===:====   EQUAL AND OPPOSITE
brandonl@gold.gvg.tek.com  ::::=:::==::===:====   REVISION.

hermens@groucho (09/11/90)

In article <1435@gold.GVG.TEK.COM> brandonl@gold.gvg.tek.com (Brandon Lovested) writes:

>Are there any decent CASE tools available for the MAC, somewhere along
>the lines of Saber-C, and Software Through Pictures?
>
>BRANDON G. LOVESTED        ::::=:::==::===:====   FOR EVERY VISION,
>Software Design Engineer   ::::=:::==::===:====   THERE IS AN
>Grass Valley Group         ::::=:::==::===:====   EQUAL AND OPPOSITE
>brandonl@gold.gvg.tek.com  ::::=:::==::===:====   REVISION.

      An excellent CASE tool for the Mac that I reviewed for IEEE Software,
      January 1990, page 133, is TurboCase.  It is sold by StructSoft in
      Bellevue, WA.

      In fact, the program has upgraded since that release and is better
      than ever with more features.  They will send you a demo disk that
      runs under Hypercard upon request.  Excellent tool at an affordable
      CASE-tool price.

Leonard

weide@elephant.cis.ohio-state.edu (Bruce Weide) (09/22/90)

Regarding Mac CASE tools, you might look at MacSTILE.  It is intended
to support component-oriented design with reusable components, and
seems to make sense to people who think about software design much as
they would about electronic design.  Affordable, and demos available.
More info from Software Originals, Inc., 1-800-873-6873, M-F 11 AM - 6
PM Eastern; or e-mail to me, as I'll be glad to help.
	-Bruce