[net.micro] Apple IIE BBoard stuff

S.D-REUBEN%KLA.WESLYN%Wesleyan.Bitnet@wiscvm.wi (* D. Reuben *) (04/24/86)

22-Apr-86 21:41:29-EST,1602;000000000001
Date: Tue 22 Apr 86 21:41:23-EST
From: * D. Reuben * <S.D-REUBEN@KLA.WESLYN>
Subject: BBoard for Apple IIE
To: Tom@Mitre-bedford.arpa
cc: S.D-REUBEN@KLA.WESLYN

   I don't think that there is a bulletin board system that will support
at CPM card (or have anything to do with CPM). There may be a few which
aren't public domain, but I am familiar with a few systems for the Apple
(after running one last summer), and I haven't come across any that support
CPM. Most of the ones I know of (and/or have) are in DOS, although I just
got my hands on a new one in ProDos, so both Dos formats are available,
yet I would strongly recommend the DOS bboard systems over the  ProDos,
especially if you will be having a file upload/download section...
   I can tell you more if you tell me what sort of modem you have for the
Apple...I have an Apple-Cat modem, which I consider to be one of the best
for my needs, and thus am most familiar with software for this modem. However,
I've had some experience with Hayes and Hayes compatible Modems as well, so
maybe I might be able to help there...
   About the list of BBSs, well, sure, I got a few, but they aren't too
current (like December 1985)...A lot of these BBS go up one day and down the
next, so December's list may be a bit outdated...

Well, guess that's it; hope this helped...

Doug Reuben

Reuben@Weslyn.Bitnet

-------