[comp.software-eng] Need cross-reference utility

bob@reed.UUCP (Bob Ankeney) (03/08/91)

     I'm looking for a cross reference utility to run under either Sys V or
MS-DOS.  One that can handle *lots* of C source code (99,000 symbols) and
perhaps even some 80386 assembler.  The C source code has numerous ANSI
prototype definitions, and the version of cxref we have won't cut it.  Any
ideas or pointers?

     Much thanks,
     Robert Ankeney
     ...!tektronix!bob@reed.bitnet
     ...!tektronix!reed!bob

hsrender@happy.colorado.edu (03/09/91)

In article <16206@reed.UUCP>, bob@reed.UUCP (Bob Ankeney) writes:

>      I'm looking for a cross reference utility to run under either Sys V or
> MS-DOS.  One that can handle *lots* of C source code (99,000 symbols) and
> perhaps even some 80386 assembler.  The C source code has numerous ANSI
> prototype definitions, and the version of cxref we have won't cut it.  Any
> ideas or pointers?
>
>      Much thanks,
>      Robert Ankeney
>      ...!tektronix!bob@reed.bitnet
>      ...!tektronix!reed!bob

There are other C cross reference tools available in the various net archives.
I like ID, which I believe is in the comp.sources.unix archive on
gatekeeper.dec.com.  They also have a PD version of cxref and a couple of
xref tools called hat-n-coat.  If you want MS-DOS tools, check out the
comp.sources.misc archives on gatekeeper or look at the simtel20 archives
on wuarchive.wustl.edu.  They have TONS of stuff for PCs there.

Hope this helps.

hal.