[comp.software-eng] SEE papers

rds@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au (Rowan David Stevens) (03/17/91)

G'day all!
Has anyone out there in userland come across any papers on SEE (Software
Engineering Environment) architectures?  Specifically anything to do with
abstract descriptions of SEE components, eg; user interface, repository, etc.
Also any process formalisms for object-oriented design?

I can vaguely recall a paper by Wasserman on CASE architectures several years
back, from an IDE publication. Typically I wasn't interested in SEE then
(I bet some of you have heard that before) ;-)

Any help much appreciated.
Will summarise responses to net if sufficient interest.

rds

_____________
Rowan Stevens
rds@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au

Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Department of Computer Science
GPO BOX 2476V Melbourne, VIC. Australia 3001.
Phone: +61 3 660-2348; Fax: +61 3 662-1617

saxena@motcid.UUCP (Garurank P. Saxena) (03/19/91)

rds@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au (Rowan David Stevens) writes:

>Has anyone out there in userland come across any papers on SEE (Software
>Engineering Environment) architectures?  Specifically anything to do with
>abstract descriptions of SEE components, eg; user interface, repository, etc.
>Also any process formalisms for object-oriented design?

A number of workshops & conferences have been held on SEE's.
One is listed below. I am sure others will find more! A few papers
which I could dig up quickly are also listed. Again these are only
a few of the many published.

1. Proceedings of the Software Process Workshop May 1988. Published
by ACM press. Colin Tully Editor.

2.  Foundations for the Arcadia Environment Architecture, Richard Taylor,
Belzi, Clarke, Osterweil, Selby, Wileden et al.

3. A mechanism for Environment Integration, Geoffrey Clemm, Osterweil.

4. Lowpcost Adaptable Tool Integration Policies for Integrated Environ-
ments, David Garlan.

5. Interacting with the FIELD Environment, Steven P Reiss.

A lot of other material is available on SEE's, but I don't have the
references readily available.

G P Saxena				"If you don't know what you
Case Development Group			 are doing, don't do it on a
Motorola Inc				 large scale."
Arlington Heights Illinois		Phone: (708) - 632 - 4757

shimeall@taurus.cs.nps.navy.mil (timothy shimeall) (03/20/91)

Try:

Conradi, R., Didriksen, T. M. and Wanvik, D. H.(Eds.),
_Advanced_Programming_Environments_,
Proceedings of an International Workshop, Trondheim, Norway, June 1986
Published as Lecture Notes in Computer Science #244, Springer-Verlag,
1986, ISBN 3-540-17189-4.

I use this as a course text for a "Software Tools and Environments"
course.
				Tim

--
Tim Shimeall ((408) 646-2509)