[comp.software-eng] Question on this NewsGroup

ryuji@lsa.ncl.omron.co.jp (Ryuji YAMASAKI) (03/23/91)

Greetings to all.

This is the first time I read this Newsgroup.
My interests are software development methodologies and quality
mesurements. I am currently working on the CASE technology using Yourdon
and DeMarco Methodologies.
Is this Newsgroup appropriate for those issues?

:|Ryuji YAMASAKI
:|OMRON Corporation.  Kyoto Japan
:|junet : ryuji@lsa.ncl.omron.co.jp
:|uunet : ryuji%lsa.ncl.omron.co.jp@uunet.uu.net
:|Tel   : 075-951-5111 ex-3109

alan@tivoli.UUCP (Alan R. Weiss) (03/26/91)

In article <RYUJI.91Mar23092443@tandem.lsa.ncl.omron.co.jp> ryuji@lsa.ncl.omron.co.jp (Ryuji YAMASAKI) writes:

>Greetings to all.
>
>This is the first time I read this Newsgroup.
>My interests are software development methodologies and quality
>mesurements. I am currently working on the CASE technology using Yourdon
>and DeMarco Methodologies.
>Is this Newsgroup appropriate for those issues?
>
>--
>:|Ryuji YAMASAKI
>:|OMRON Corporation.  Kyoto Japan
>:|junet : ryuji@lsa.ncl.omron.co.jp
>:|uunet : ryuji%lsa.ncl.omron.co.jp@uunet.uu.net
>:|Tel   : 075-951-5111 ex-3109

Yes.  Welcome to the club.  The rules are simple:  there are no rules,
except netiquette (defined as "net etiquette").

Can you share any information on how software is being written in
Japan?  Is it fairly monolithic, or are different techniques and
process models (software engineering methodologies) being tried?

Are people and companies in Japan applying statistical quality assurance
(i.e. Demings, Juran, and others) to software development?  Quality metrics?

Alan R. Weiss                           TIVOLI Systems, Inc.
E-mail: alan@tivoli.com                 6034 West Courtyard Drive,
E-mail: alan@whitney.tivoli.com	        Suite 210
Voice : (512) 794-9070                  Austin, Texas USA  78730
Fax   : (512) 794-0623