[comp.software-eng] Looking for ANSI/IEEE STD documents.

hsrender@happy.colorado.edu (04/01/91)

In article <40184@netnews.upenn.edu>, kim@unagi.cis.upenn.edu (JEE-IN KIM) writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am looking for the following documents:
>
> 1. ANSI/IEEE STD 829 --- 1983 Standard for Software Test Documentation
> 2. ANSI/IEEE STD 1008 --- 1987 Standard for Software Unit Testing
> 1. ANSI/IEEE STD 1012 --- 1986 Standard for Software Verification and
> 				Validation Plans.
>
> Can anyone let me know how to get them? Unfortunately, our local
> libraries do not have them. Thanks in advance.
>
> Best,
> Jee-In
> ---------------------------
> Jee-In Kim
> kim@unagi.cis.upenn.edu
> ---------------------------

All of these are available from the IEEE Computer Society Press.  To get their
catalog, write

	IEEE Computer Society Press
	Customer Service Center
	10662 Los Vaqueros Circle
	P.O. Box 3014
	Los Alamitos, CA  90720-1264

or call 1-800-CS-BOOKS (1-800-272-6657).   A recommendation: buy their 1 volume
collection of software standards.  The price is around $70, and you get ALL of
the standards you could ever want.  If you buy them individually, you will end
up paying 4-5 times as much (a mistake I partially made).  By the way, the
catalog number for the collection is 1001.

hal.

kim@unagi.cis.upenn.edu (JEE-IN KIM) (04/01/91)

Hello,

I am looking for the following documents:

1. ANSI/IEEE STD 829 --- 1983 Standard for Software Test Documentation
2. ANSI/IEEE STD 1008 --- 1987 Standard for Software Unit Testing
1. ANSI/IEEE STD 1012 --- 1986 Standard for Software Verification and
				Validation Plans.

Can anyone let me know how to get them? Unfortunately, our local
libraries do not have them. Thanks in advance.

Best,
Jee-In
Jee-In Kim
kim@unagi.cis.upenn.edu