[net.micro] many modems 4 sale

pkern@utcs.uucp (pkern) (05/03/86)

Really inexpensive 300 baud modems available.
Prof. Lanfranco thinks that if demand is high enough
they might even be had for $40 (CAN) (the price of a text book!).
While 300 baud modems have been outclassed by 1200 and 2400
baud modems they still might be useful for those just
starting out on micros.
Here is his message (which was sent while he
was using one of modems in question).