[comp.software-eng] WANTED:testing coverage analysis tools

gu@cathedral.cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu (Yin Gu) (04/04/91)

I'm testing some unix workstation software written in C. I need to know the coverage of my testing. I know there are some branch level coverage analysis tools in public domain , does anyone know the name ? Any comments will be appreciated!
Please elm to gu@cerc.wvnet.wvu.edu.

Thanks in advance !

Yin Gu

alan@tivoli.UUCP (Alan R. Weiss) (04/06/91)

In article <1528@babcock.cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu> gu@cathedral.cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu (Yin Gu) writes:
>I'm testing some unix workstation software written in C. I need to know the coverage of my testing. I know there are some branch level coverage analysis tools in public domain , does anyone know the name ? Any comments will be appreciated!
>Please elm to gu@cerc.wvnet.wvu.edu.
>

>Thanks in advance !
>

>Yin Gu

Someone in this newsgroup turned me onto /* tcov */, which comes
standard in SunOs.  Along with the -a flag in /* cc */, this
tool allows you to get code coverage figures.  SunOS also has
tools to evaluate performance ...

NOTE:  I am in the process of evaluating these now, and do NOT
have a specific recommendation.

Alan R. Weiss                           TIVOLI Systems, Inc.
E-mail: alan@tivoli.com                 6034 West Courtyard Drive,
E-mail: alan@whitney.tivoli.com	        Suite 210
Voice : (512) 794-9070                  Austin, Texas USA  78730
Fax   : (512) 794-0623