[net.micro] Call for help

CUDDY%UMKCVAX1.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU (05/03/86)

I have a problem I would appreciate some insight into if possible.
I am running asynchronous communications on an PC-AT with an internal Hayes
1200B.  When I call up Crosstalk the modem tells me it is already
connected to a call.  The modem is set correctly, and has been examined
for problems (its fine).  Any ideas on what could be the problem here.
I suspect it is in the machine.  A cold reboot frequently clears the
problem up, whereas a simple crtl-alt-del does not.

Please advise.
Thanx for the assistance.
cuddy@umkcvax1.bitnet

akk2@ur-tut.UUCP (A Kacker) (05/04/86)

In article <514@brl-smoke.ARPA> CUDDY%UMKCVAX1.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU writes:
>I have a problem I would appreciate some insight into if possible.
>I am running asynchronous communications on an PC-AT with an internal Hayes
>1200B.  When I call up Crosstalk the modem tells me it is already
>connected to a call.  The modem is set correctly, and has been examined
>for problems (its fine).  Any ideas on what could be the problem here.
>I suspect it is in the machine.  A cold reboot frequently clears the
>problem up, whereas a simple crtl-alt-del does not.
>
>Please advise.
>Thanx for the assistance.
>cuddy@umkcvax1.bitnet
How about issuing the command BYE to crosstalk to logout ?