[comp.software-eng] Problem-tracking Packages

rbp@ssc-vax (Ronald B Pyke) (04/16/91)

I would like some information on problem  report  tracking  databases
that  run  on the Apollo.  Our group is doing some preliminary
investigation on what else is available before we  consider reworking
our  own.   Right now I  just  need basic info about the product (name,
vendor, price, major features, etc.).

I think our requirements are fairly generic, but to clarify what we're
after here are some needed/desired features that occur to me.  By the
way, I'll use PR to stand for a generic Problem Report - something
that is generated by a customer or developer to report a bug, or
request an enhancement.

Needs
--------------------------
- Open/Close/Modify PR's.
- Flexible PR format (i.e. we can control what fields are in the PR).
- Flexible report generation.

Wants
---------------------------
- Ability to have multiple submitters for the same PR, and/or
	equivalence multiple PR's.
- Ability to prioritize PR's.
- Ability to assign PR's to individual developers.
- Ability to tie PR's to source files that are modified.
- Notion of releases and the set of PR's that have been fixed
	in a given release.
- On-line access to PR database by customers for submitting and
	viewing status of PR's.

Please e-mail responses - I'll summarize if there is sufficient
info.  Thanks in advance,

Ron Pyke
Boeing Aerospace & Electronics
pyke@escaegate2.boeing.com

In article <3842@ssc-bee.ssc-vax.UUCP> pyke@escaegate2.boeing.com (Ronald B Pyke) writes:
>I would like some information on problem  report  tracking  databases
>that  run  on the Apollo.  Our group is doing some preliminary

Apollo has one they bought from some other company.  It wasn't actually
a primary product of that company, but (I believe) something they used
internally and sold to Apollo on the condition their name wasn't mentioned.
Having used it I can see why.  Whatever you try out, describe it to
someone at Apollo and make sure it's isn't the same as the one they
are using.

--
Alfalfa Software, Inc.          |       Poste:  The EMail for Unix
nazgul@alfalfa.com              |       Send Anything... Anywhere

everyone else's.