[net.micro] Exporting disks from PC IX

carpenter@NBS-VMS.arpa (CARPENTER, ROBERT) (05/03/86)

xxxxx

I thought that PC IX could both read and WRITE PC-DOS format disks....

------

josh@polaris.UUCP (Josh Knight) (05/06/86)

In article <511@brl-smoke.ARPA> carpenter@NBS-VMS.arpa (CARPENTER, ROBERT) writes:

>I thought that PC IX could both read and WRITE PC-DOS format disks....
>
>------

I don't think the PC/IX I have (1.1 running on a "vanilla" 640K XT) is
anything special and it can certainly read and write DOS format files.
I've done it a lot.  The PC/IX commands are dosread and doswrite,
look them up in the manual pages.  If the original poster has thrown
away the PC (tch, tch, naughty, naughty ;-) and the files are CPIO,
I'd expect them to be readable.  I was even able to transfer one track
of data from a PC/IX cpio diskette to a Masscomp system with twice
the track density (when you're desparate...one track at a time is
better than nothing).

--

	Josh Knight, IBM T.J. Watson Research
 josh@ibm.com, josh@yktvmh.bitnet,  ...!philabs!polaris!josh