[comp.software-eng] ANSI/IEEE Std 828-1983

joshua@Veritas.COM (Joshua Levy) (06/14/91)

Is ANSI/IEEE Std 828-1983 (on Software Configuation Mangement Plans)
still a current standard?  Is it still considered good practice?

Send replies to me, and I'll post a summary to the net.

Joshua Levy  (joshua@veritas.com)

alan@tivoli.UUCP (Alan R. Weiss) (06/23/91)

In article <1991Jun13.175040.11356@Veritas.COM> joshua@veritas.com (Joshua Levy) writes:
>Is ANSI/IEEE Std 828-1983 (on Software Configuation Mangement Plans)
>still a current standard?  Is it still considered good practice?
>
>Send replies to me, and I'll post a summary to the net.
>
>Joshua Levy  (joshua@veritas.com)

I don't know off-hand if it has been superceded by a more recent
version, but I just used its "cousin" 829-1983 to write our System Test Plan
and found it was useful.  IMHO, professionally, I consider it "good practice."
The nice part is that you can tailor it for your specific needs
and still have it be useful in guiding you in the planning and
execution of testing.

Now, this does NOT answer your question specifically, but if 829-1983
is still good ....  :-)

Ask Oleg what he thinks.

Alan R. Weiss                           TIVOLI Systems, Inc.
E-mail: alan@tivoli.com                 6034 West Courtyard Drive,
E-mail: alan@whitney.tivoli.com	        Suite 210
Voice : (512) 794-9070                  Austin, Texas USA  78730
Fax   : (512) 794-0623