[comp.software-eng] Gantt Chart Software

orville@weyrich.UUCP (Orville R. Weyrich) (06/17/91)

I was sure that I have seen similar requests before in this forum, but
grep can't find them in my archives, so:

Does anyone know of a cheap software tool for producing "pretty" Gantt
charts on a laser printer (HP-style, not postscript). It needs to run
on a PC or Microport Unix Suystem V/386 (or CP/M, but I doubt that there
is much laser printer software out there for CP/M).

If no-one responds, I shall be forced to do it using troff or something.

Thanks,

Orville.

--------------------------------------           ******************************
Orville R. Weyrich, Jr., Ph.D.                   Certified Systems Professional
Internet: orville%weyrich@uunet.uu.net             Weyrich Computer Consulting
Voice:    (602) 391-0821                         POB 5782, Scottsdale, AZ 85261
Fax:      (602) 391-0023                              (Yes! I'm available)
--------------------------------------           ******************************

alan@tivoli.UUCP (Alan R. Weiss) (06/23/91)

In article <1991Jun17.074849.696@weyrich.UUCP> orville@weyrich.UUCP (Orville R. Weyrich) writes:
>I was sure that I have seen similar requests before in this forum, but
>grep can't find them in my archives, so:
>
>Does anyone know of a cheap software tool for producing "pretty" Gantt
>charts on a laser printer (HP-style, not postscript). It needs to run
>on a PC or Microport Unix Suystem V/386 (or CP/M, but I doubt that there
>is much laser printer software out there for CP/M).
>
>If no-one responds, I shall be forced to do it using troff or something.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Orville.
>
>--------------------------------------           ******************************
>Orville R. Weyrich, Jr., Ph.D.                   Certified Systems Professional
>Internet: orville%weyrich@uunet.uu.net             Weyrich Computer Consulting
>Voice:    (602) 391-0821                         POB 5782, Scottsdale, AZ 85261
>Fax:      (602) 391-0023                              (Yes! I'm available)
>--------------------------------------           ******************************

Hey, Orville:

I tried calling you on Sat 6/22 at 3:00 PM CST, and a nice little kid
answered the phone who suggested I call back later.  Too expensive to
call twice, so here goes:

I use TimeLine 4.0 for DOS project management software, and you can
get it for around $400 from mailorder.  For simple/nice Gantt charts,
I use Formtool, which sells for under $100.  But frankly, you can
use ANY word processor and print out nice Gantt's, IF your
information is GOOD :-)

Alan R. Weiss                           TIVOLI Systems, Inc.
E-mail: alan@tivoli.com                 6034 West Courtyard Drive,
E-mail: alan@whitney.tivoli.com	        Suite 210
Voice : (512) 794-9070                  Austin, Texas USA  78730
Fax   : (512) 794-0623