[comp.lang.postscript] HP Plotter to Postscript translation

ren@aurora.UUCP (Renwick Curry) (12/24/87)

I have found several applications
programs that have HP plotter drivers but no
Postscript driver (or inadequate Postscript
flexibility).

Does anyone know of a Postscript program (or any
other language) which translates HP plotter
commands into Postscript? I expecially want
it to translate HP color commands into
different linewidths.

Surely this has been hacked to death, right?

Thanks

Ren Curry

kevinc@auvax.UUCP (Kevin Barry Crocker) (12/30/87)

In article <1455@aurora.UUCP>, ren@aurora.UUCP (Renwick Curry) writes:
> I have found several applications
> programs that have HP plotter drivers but no
> Postscript driver (or inadequate Postscript
>
> Does anyone know of a Postscript program (or any
> other language) which translates HP plotter
> commands into Postscript? I expecially want
> it to translate HP color commands into
> different linewidths.
>
> Ren Curry

Ren,

A HPGL to Postscript filter was just posted to comp.sources.misc
by Don McCormick from Austrailia.

I haven't tested it yet but have heard good reviews.  If you can't get
it send me a message and I will see what I can do.

Hope this helps.

ihnp4!alberta!auvax!kevinc (Kevin Crocker Athabasca University)
Do our employers have opinions or is that what we get paid for!