[comp.lang.postscript] PostScript Calendar - clarification of problem

3021_4346@uwovax.uwo.cdn (Greg Miller) (04/20/88)

In article <477@sering.cwi.nl>, fmr@cwi.nl (Frank Rahmani) writes:
>>  With regard to the revised PostScript monthly calendar, has
>>  anybody noticed that it is producing incorrect calendars
>>  for the months of April 1988 onwards?
> Say what??
> I've printed out the whole
> of 1988 several times before I
> got startled by your message.
> Compared it to a 'real' calendar of 1988: no difference.
> Could you be more specific??

Using the version of the PostScript calendar which begins:

%!
% PostScript program to draw calendar
% Copyright (C) 1987 by Pipeline Associates, Inc.
% Permission is granted to modify and distribute this free of charge.
% Leap year bug fixed 1/19/88: Alex Pang, UCLA

% The number after /month should be set to a number from 1 to 12.
% The number after /year should be set to the year you want.
% You can change the title and date fonts, if you want.
% We figure out the rest.
% This program won't produce valid calendars before 1800 (weird stuff
% happened in September of 1752)

% To get the calendar out, save this file in a file called "foo",
% and say "lpr foo", voila!

produces a calendar with April 1st on a Thursday, May 1st on a Saturday,
etc, one day in advance for each month.  If you are using a more up to
date corrected version, please would you e-mail me a copy.

Thanks,

      Greg Miller

----

 INTERnet: JGM@uwo.CA                MAIL:  Room 032, Chemistry Building