[comp.lang.postscript] Is there an MS-DOS world interactive enviroment for Postscript??

cohen@dasys1.UUCP (David Cohen) (06/11/88)

On page 83 of the July issue of Macworld, an interactive enviroment for
Postscript development is discussed. It is known as LaserTalk, from
Emerald City Software (415) 368-8303. It seems that for Mac Postscript
programmers this product will check for and flag error messages in
Postscript code, allow for checking variables and stacks and all sorts
of other nice things. Problem is, we do our Postscript stuff on IBM AT's.
Is there any similar product available for making Postscript programming
easier that runs for on a PC? Further, how exactly does one get the
interactive mode to work -- we have a laserwriter + printer hooked up to
the AT and our prelimiary efforts didn't get us anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

__
DC

--
David Cohen					{uunet}!mstan\
Big Electric Cat Public Unix           {bellcore,cmcl2}!cucard!dasys1!cohen

tynor@pyr.gatech.EDU (Steve Tynor) (06/14/88)

In article <4914@dasys1.UUCP> cohen@dasys1.UUCP (David Cohen) writes:
>easier that runs for on a PC? Further, how exactly does one get the
>interactive mode to work -- we have a laserwriter + printer hooked up to
>the AT and our prelimiary efforts didn't get us anywhere.

That's exactly my setup. I use Procomm (any communications program should
work.)  Once you have the comm port configured (parity, baud, etc.) just
type:
   executive<CR>
(lowercase!) and you'll be talking to the Laserwriter's interpretter.

No problem is so formidable that you can't just walk away from it.

    Steve Tynor
    Georgia Instutute of Technology

 ...{akgua, allegra, amd, harpo, hplabs,
     ihnp4, masscomp, ut-ngp, rlgvax, sb1,
     uf-cgrl, unmvax, ut-sally}  !gatech!gitpyr!tynor

mark@hpcvlx.HP.COM (Mark Rowe) (06/15/88)

I have used the Emerald City's product on a Mac and think it is great.  I too
have a PC for my personal workstation so I contacted Emerald City about a PC
version of their product (this was a couple months ago).  Word is (was) that
a PC version is in the works and will hit the streets this Fall.

Mark Rowe
Hewlett Packard
Corvallis, OR

mark%hpcvlx@hplabs.HP.COM