[comp.lang.postscript] light pages on new cartridge

reid@decwrl.UUCP (07/12/88)

In article <4812@gryphon.CTS.COM> richard@gryphon.CTS.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
>Unrelated question: I just got a brand factory new toned cartridge and
>installed it. Changed the fuzzy brush thing too. Now my output
>doesnt come out as black as it used to for 3/4" solid black squares.
>They *used* to be pretty much solid black. Now, with this new
>toner, they're a little light in the middle. Any ideas ?

It's actually in the user's manual. RTFM. It takes a new cartridge about 100
pages to get to full blackness. The pages don't have to have anything on them.
I do this whenever I install a new cartridge:

/#copies 80 def showpage

>P.S. to Milo. This is your modem talking.

A message posted by a modem. I love it. I thought it was your modem.