[comp.lang.postscript] Wanted: SIXEL to ... translator

kashif@skat.usc.edu (Kashif) (07/26/88)

I am intereseted in the following image format translators:

  SIXEL <--> Postscript
  SIXEL <--> Interleaf
  Postscript <--> Interleaf
  Postscript <--> Impress

Any information for any of these translators would be appreciated.
Thanx in advance.

cochran@caeteam1.DAB.GE.COM (Craig Cochran) (07/28/88)

In article <11060@oberon.USC.EDU> kashif@skat.usc.edu () writes:
>I am intereseted in the following image format translators:
>
>  SIXEL <--> Postscript
>  SIXEL <--> Interleaf
>  Postscript <--> Interleaf
>  Postscript <--> Impress

There is a utility called "bm" by Juergen Wagner (gandalf@csli.stanford.edu)
which translates bitmaps between various formats.  Some formats it can
take as input, some it can output, and some will work as input or output.
I know it will convert PostScript (images only) to Sixel or Impress format.
I don't think it will input Sixel format, but if you have an interim
filter from Sixel to another of the wide variety of formats it does accept,
this may solve your problem.
If you would like the source code, I will send it.  I believe I have
the latest (only?) version (June 20th, 1988).

As for Postscript <--> Interleaf, I believe Interleaf provides a filter
(/usr/ops/Maint/ps/pl2ps) to convert "printerleaf" files to PostScript,
although I don't think you can go the other way.

E-mail me for more info...

--
Craig S. Cochran <cochran@ge-dab.GE.COM>
                                            General Electric Company